St George's Anglican Church Knysna

c

St George's Anglican Church in Knysna is situated on Main Rd. In 1848 the first Anglican bishop of Cape Town Rev. Robert Gray arrived from England and was petitioned by the people of Knysna, requesting a Church. Later that year the bishop held the first Service in the 'licensed schoolroom'. The next year the 'Small Church' was built and seven years later in 1855 the church was consecrated. In 1919 it was decided that a larger church should be built and in 1926 the foundation stone was laid and eleven years later the 'Big Church' was consecrated.
The Church is open for private prayer weekdays 08h00 - 15h00.

St George's Anglican Church Knysna
10 Main Street Knysna Central
Knysna, WC, 6570
South Africa
34° 2' 6.9756" S, 23° 3' 0.9396" E
Javascript is required to view this map.

Contact

Telephone: 
(044) 382 1239
Fax: 
(044) 382 1239
St George's Anglican Church
St George's Anglican Church
St George's Anglican Church
St George's Anglican Church

Directions:

Please provide a location where you would like directions from:

From:    To: 
Language: 

Map Directions